Screeds & Trowels (3)
Vibratory screeds and power trowels will ensure your concrete is smooth and sturdy and reduce strain on your crew. As an operator drags the vibratory power screed on top of the fresh concrete, the screed vibrates the top layer, spreading it to fill any dips, waves, bumps and cracks. It will strike-off any extra concrete from the slab and leave a smooth and shiny surface. This ergonomic concrete screed reduces strain on operators, allowing them to stand up straight and take their time to finish the task.
Once the concrete dries a little and has lost that glossy sheen, we have walk-behind power trowels - or finishers - for one of the last stages of concrete work. Trowels use rotating blades to smooth the concrete as it dries. These power trowels are heavy-duty and are ideal for large construction areas.
When should I screed concrete?
- Concrete should be screed as soon as it is poured into the site. Typically one operator is using a rake or shovel to spread the concrete into place and another operator is using a screed to smooth the surface after them. The vibratory screed should be used slowly, so that every part of the concrete the screed is touching is vibrated and smooth. You will know the concrete is properly screed when there are no cracks or bumps and there is a shiny film of water on the top.
When is concrete ready to power trowel?
- Troweling is completed after the concrete has dried some. The shiny film of water will have evaporated and the concrete will be stiff enough to stand on, but it is still soft and green. The walk-behind trowel can smooth large areas of concrete such as garages, parking lots and construction sites. Hand trowels will suit a small slab.
How do I trowel concrete smooth?
- While using a screed is a slow process, troweling with a power trowel can be completed quickly. The rotating blades will move fast, so you have to move somewhat quickly too, watching the concrete to make sure it is smooth before moving on. If the blades hit the concrete too much or if the blades are pitched too much at an angle, you will leave ridges and bumps that will have to be troweled again or fixed later with a grinder.
- Conçue pour être utilisée par une personne seule
- Peut être manipulée autour d’obstructions sans endommager la surface de la dalle
- Les poignées s’ajustent à la taille de l’opérateur
- Contrôle pratique des gaz au bout des doigts
- Add this vibratory screed to your cart now